Monday, January 5, 2015

Carol Tuttle's Energy Profiling System

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This post is fun! We all are familiar with personality types. Well, a little over a year ago, I discovered Carol Tuttle's Energy Profiling system, a movement based assessment that takes into account behavioral tendencies, body language, physical features, feeling processes, and thought processes.

My purpose in sharing this is to start off the new year with something that may help us get to know ourselves a little better. Discovering a more "true" you may be just around the corner! Plus, it plays some into a few of my future posts, since it's taken an interesting role in my life. Most importantly for future posts, pay attention to doodles.

Energy Profiling presents the idea that everyone was born with their energy profile and that it never changes. We all were given our gifts with our energy type and will be happiest and will thrive most, with those around us, as we live true to that nature and honor others as they live true to their nature. Of course, though there are only four energy types, everyone is unique in their individual expression of their type. Also, everyone possesses all four types within them, though we all lead with one of the types. Further, the energy types express in all forms of nature, including environments and animals, and in many different aspects of life, such as music and what clothes, hairstyles, and makeup work best for someone (Carol and her team have organized an entire program for this entitled Dressing Your Truth, or DYT; its introductory book is Discover Your Personal Beauty Profile).

Another major aspect Energy Profiling accomplishes is that it disbands most behavioral qualities of gender, validating and honoring personal gifts that are often squelched by societal expectations. While society may impose a standard of what one must be in order to represent a prime example of their gender, Energy Profiling grants opportunity for everyone to live true to what is most natural to them. Many members of each sex possess qualities that society may try to discount, qualities and gifts we often miss in our world, all for the sake of shaming. Let us build, rather than tear down.

Needless to say, there is a lot to be said about energy profiling, but I'll try to be brief. You can look further into it if it peaks your interest. More can be known about it in Carol's book It's Just My Nature! and through her free ENERGY PROFILING online course.

Now, to qualify yourself as a type, there is no test, as with many personality inquiries, which results can be tainted and, therefore, not necessarily a most accurate assessment of who you truly are at your core. When you learn of the types, you intuitively will know what type you dominantly express (and what you express as your secondary, tertiary, and so forth). They are named just by numbers: Type 1, Type 2, etc.


Type 1 -- Nitrogen/Air
Upward, bright, buoyant, playful, animated, crisp, spontaneous, bubbly, effervescent, cute
-- A high movement possessing a yin-yang expression
Type 1's have a gift for ideas and a hope to accomplish them, seeing the many possibilities of life. They approach life with a lightness that lifts others and brings joy to those around them. Much of their interaction with the world is socially-driven. They will maintain an effortless youthfulness throughout their entire life.
Doodles/Facial features: animated shapes, especially hearts, stars, smiley faces, spirals, etc.
Animals: Rabbit, dolphin, hummingbird, butterfly
Famous Type 1's: Michael Jackson, Robin Williams, Will Smith, Will Ferrell, Billy Joel, Jackie Chan, Michael Buble, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Marilyn Monroe, Meryl Streep, Lupita Nyong'o, Sarah Palin, Reese Witherspoon, Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears, Ellen Degeneres.

Type 2 -- Oxygen/Water
Fluid, gentle, elegant, nurturing, muted, relaxed, sentimental, modest, serene, beautiful
-- A medium-low movement possessing a yin-yin expression
Type 2's have a gift for details and making a plan, while bringing peace and comfort to their surroundings and to those around them. They are a soft, subtle movement that approaches the world with an emotional connection. They move with a natural grace as they flow through life.
Doodles/Facial Features: s-curves, rounded rectangles, and ovals -- flowing and soft.
Animals: Elephant, sheep, dove, caterpillar
Famous Type 2's: John Mayer, Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Grant, Channing Tatum, Mark Zuckerberg, Jerry Seinfeld, Russell Crowe, Steve Martin, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts, Princess Diana, Barbra Streisand, Jewel, Jane Seymour, Hilary Duff.

Type 3 -- Hydrogen/Fire
Active, reactive, dynamic, rustic, edgy, rich, substantial, textured, intense, practical, exotic, hot
-- A medium-high movement possessing a yang-yang expression
Type 3's have a gift for action and moving swiftly to get things done. They are driven by results and find great satisfaction in obtaining them. They lead with a push that drives projects to completion, leaving a lasting effect and footprint where they have been. Others look to them for encouragement and as a symbol of confidence.
Doodles/Facial Features: dynamic, sharp angles, especially triangles, rectangles, and other definite shapes.
Animals: Lion, tiger, hawk, ant
Famous Type 3's: Conan O'Brien, Barack Obama, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, Michael Phelps, Lance Armstrong, Phil Collins, Robert Redford, Michelle Obama, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce Knowles, Alanis Morissette, Joan Rivers, Oprah Winfrey, Taylor Swift.

Type 4 -- Carbon/Earth
Still, regal, bold, simple, structured, majestic, thorough, sleek, clean, stoic, striking, stunning
-- A low movement possessing a yang-yin expression
Type 4's have a gift for an analytical, perfecting eye to bring balance and to promote respect. They are in constant thought, where they deeply approach ideas and emotions (they feel deeply), and can reflect humanity back at itself with an awe-inspiring presentation. They give all or nothing in their black-and-white world, where they are their own authority.
Doodles: don't typically doodle -- it's a waste of paper, ink, energy, and attention.
Facial Features: parallel lines, straight lines, symmetry; balance.
Animals: Penguin, panther, swan, spider
Famous Type 4's: Daniel Day-Lewis, Tom Cruise, Michael Jordan, Johnny Depp, Simon Cowell, Stephen Colbert, John McCain, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lawrence, Audrey Hepburn, Anne Hathaway, Gwen Stefani, Twiggy, Adele, Megan Fox, Cher, Pink.


What type are you? What is your secondary?

Can you tell which type I am? I'll give you hint. My energy type sequence is exactly like my mother's. ...Now, if you only knew my mother...

Are you living true to your nature? Do your secondary and tertiary energies honor and support your leading energy without overrunning it? For A LOT more information, visit ENERGY PROFILING for a free online course. Also, feel free to talk to/message me!

NOTE: I feel a little silly writing this note, but as a warning, those who have the hardest time taking to the Energy Profiling system are Type 4's. After all, they are their own authority and don't typically look to outward sources to define themselves. In my experience with introducing Type 4's to Energy Profiling, for the most part, they take to the information fine, often preferring it filtered through my enthusiasm. Their issue, when experiencing the videos in the free course, stems from Carol's natural push in her Type 3 nature. However, something might be said by the fact that each of these Type 4's were raised with a Type 3 parent they didn't always feel respected by, which possibly could suggest a general issue with Type 3 Energy rather than the Energy Profiling system itself.
In all, respect to everyone. If it's not your thing, it's not your thing.

10 comments:

  1. I would be a type 4 with type 1 secondary, or at least that's what you think I am. I do agree with the type 4 though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is freedom in knowing who you are, not having to apologize for being a social butterfly and giggling through life so others don't take you seriously. When I understood this system I felt validated in being happy, fun, effervescent and loving everyone and everything. I am chatty, busy, and basically happy.....UNTIL.....someone tries to turn me into them. (Just saying that you 4's out there need to back off and stop trying to clip my wings or tell me to get it all out in one sentence or less - not happening *grin*) My best friends are 2's, as they are the most tolerant and loving, and can join in on the fun and creativity. 3's are a bit hard to take up close and personal, but I love to watch the fireworks from a distance so I don't get burned. Thanks, Carol, for giving me the mental right to be who God made me. I spent too much time in my life with 3's and 4's who felt the need to squelch me. I am FREE (and happier) and have no more resentment to those who kept trying to change me, I love them for being who they are - I just choose to spend more time enjoying and exploring life instead of "trying to understand". I understand and everything feel right into place. Love and hugs, Carol, from this Carol to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was raised in guessing by a type 3 mother & criticised a lot. To feel my type 1 is a gift instead of thinking , there's something wrong with me is priceless. ( Think I'm secondary 3 which is harder to accept �� as long as I'm true to my type 1 which was squashed I'll be fine ) thank you Carol X

      Delete
  3. "Everything fell into place", not feel LOL. So excited I didn't proofread, I just typed. Oh, gosh, YES, I love being me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Im just wondering if anyone cld help at all.
    I have alot of the type 1 traits & think it is my dominant energy, im worried that 3 is my secondary/dominant.
    I was raised by a type 3 (I think) agressive, critical mother, confused. Any advice welcome xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      This is same as me , can I suggest you try & live in each one for a while think you'll instinctively know which feels lighter ( I have this issue as my mum was extremely critical & wonder if I'm rejecting this part of self) .
      Carol Tuttle could you please help us ??? Love & Hugs xxx

      Delete
  5. Me again ! Forgot to mention that I have type three hands, alot of the comments teg children fit 3 , thxs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Several of the celebrities are mistyped in the article. For example, there is a video where Carol types Taylor Swift as a 4, not a 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took Taylor Swift as a 3 from an Anne Tuttle Brown blog post from 2010. Just in February, Carol posted on Facebook a #WhatTypeIs post where she said Taylor is a 3/4. But I get what you mean. I could've sworn Carol had a video that typed Donald Trump as a 4/3, but last year she uploaded a Facebook video that typed him 3/1. Also, in Carol's Discover Your Personal Beauty Profile book, she typed Christina Aguilera as a 3. However, I'm pretty sure I saw a vid that discussed Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera, stating they're 4/1 and 1/4, respectively. But yeah, I think Carol is fallible and sometimes has made mistakes at typing just as any of the rest of us. And then she reposts her correction.

      Delete
  7. It is a challenge not being able to interview the celebrities personally to know their type. you have to see past their self made image as well, which is often a mold of what those around them have created for them anyway. Not always, but often.
    Props to Carol, her system is based on God's truth.

    ReplyDelete