Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The God Jar

A most useful tool The Artist's Way has given me is the God jar. I would recommend it to anyone.

My God jar
In the last week of the course, one task is to find a container to write down and put in any hopes, fears, worries, resentments, and dreams. Then, another task is to use this jar, giving those things to God. There's no need to worry about them anymore. They're in the jar. God's got it.

Interestingly, this concept was something I had been learning to more actively do, just before the start of the course. When concerns became too overwhelming, in prayer, I would literally say, "I give this to thee." In this interesting experience of faith -- energetically releasing and passing on my concerns -- I felt the stress leave my body and my spirit, with a mending power.

Sometimes, it seems silly to hold on to troubling matters, when there is access to such a release. God doesn't want us to be loaded down or fearful. That's the whole point of the Atonement -- to give our burdens to Christ. That is using the Atonement in our lives. Christ already struggled and suffered. We don't have to.

Using the God jar has brought this same power into my life as a ritual with great meaning. As I prepare to offer my written hopes and fears into the jar, I call on God and His angels to be in attendance, that they will be mindful and involved -- that God will take my cares and ease them from my body and spirit, while directing His angels to prepare the way for what I hope and dream for. Then, we commune together -- a team -- as I verbally read each worry and hope, with intent, passing on my burdens with each drop of a slip of paper. I feel their heavenly presence and am lightened from it.

Typically, for a positive spin in writing them down, I've tried to turn any fear or worry into a hope, though sometimes it has felt necessary to write them as the fears and worries they are.

The results are instantaneous. I immediately feel lighter and my body freer.

Honestly, I recommend a God jar (...not to sound like an infomercial, but...). If it sounds like something you may need to try, do it!!! The concept is probably speaking to you! You have my support and won't regret it, as you do it with full intent and remember what healing power it accesses.

I am truly grateful for The Artist's Way and the values it has brought. It has changed my life!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you came up with so many thoughts (pieces of paper). This sounds like a very useful tool. If I have a frequent fear, I usually take it to the Lord. This would be a physical way to release it! Thank you for sharing Jona.

    ReplyDelete